Friday, December 7, 2007

The First Snow

Both Steve and I were just commenting on how this really doesn't seem like Christmas yet. Then it happened.....the forecast called for wintry weather and snow! Finally! I know many of you have been enjoying, or maybe not enjoying snow already. To me, snow is the first indication that Christmas is close. I mean really, how are you supposed to listen to the songs about Frosty when it is sunny and in the 50's?
Yesterday started with on overcast sky and high anticipation for a storm. (People here get a little more freaked out about winter weather than most others) Then I saw it, the first flakes. Sure they came down sort of like rain, but they were flakes! White was accumulating on the ground, how exciting! All night you could hear the weather outside, but we were comfy and warm inside just like a true winter night
Before I went to bed I took a look outside. Sadly I realized that the snow had turned to sleet. My thoughts raced to 'maybe I won't have to go to work tomorrow?'. Sadly I am here at work, and the snow is gone. We are left with an overcast sky and the forecast that another storm is coming on Sunday....maybe that means no work on Monday???

No comments: