So Steve and I are concluding our first full week back after vacation. Let me tell you, it has been the longest week ever!
Steve started a new quarter of classes, that hopefully he will like just a bit better than the last quarter. He really enjoys the class that the President of the seminary teaches. I think that he mainly likes it because of the professor.
I am back to work also. This week marks the nation wide celebration of National Lutheran
Schools Week, which I have spent a great deal of time and effort planning, preparing and shipping things for. Our office arranges schools to come and sing each day for our chapel service, then we provide a small "breakfast" for them. It has been a fun and exhausting way to start each day! It makes me realize how much I miss teaching. Now I am experiencing a lull in the flow of work that comes my way. Which may sound nice, but it makes the days seem l-o-n-g! But I find time to do things like update our Blog.
On Tuesday St. Louis experienced "the biggest snow storm in years". It actually angered me though. One thing that I have learned about St. Louis is that if there is the threat of snow, most places close. If there are 2 inches of snow the whole town shuts down for at least a day. Sounds nice unless you are stuck at work and they will not let you go home. Finally after about 9 inches of snow fell at a rate of 2 inches er hour, they let us go home. Let's just say that nothing was plowed from the sidewalk to the interstate. It was very dangerous driving. A five lane highway turned into three and at times was only two lanes. While I understand that this area does not get much snow, I believe that they should have more that 4 snow plows for this reason alone. Sorry, I just realized that turned into quite the rant!
Well, At least we only have a few months left!
Steve started a new quarter of classes, that hopefully he will like just a bit better than the last quarter. He really enjoys the class that the President of the seminary teaches. I think that he mainly likes it because of the professor.
I am back to work also. This week marks the nation wide celebration of National Lutheran
Schools Week, which I have spent a great deal of time and effort planning, preparing and shipping things for. Our office arranges schools to come and sing each day for our chapel service, then we provide a small "breakfast" for them. It has been a fun and exhausting way to start each day! It makes me realize how much I miss teaching. Now I am experiencing a lull in the flow of work that comes my way. Which may sound nice, but it makes the days seem l-o-n-g! But I find time to do things like update our Blog.On Tuesday St. Louis experienced "the biggest snow storm in years". It actually angered me though. One thing that I have learned about St. Louis is that if there is the threat of snow, most places close. If there are 2 inches of snow the whole town shuts down for at least a day. Sounds nice unless you are stuck at work and they will not let you go home. Finally after about 9 inches of snow fell at a rate of 2 inches er hour, they let us go home. Let's just say that nothing was plowed from the sidewalk to the interstate. It was very dangerous driving. A five lane highway turned into three and at times was only two lanes. While I understand that this area does not get much snow, I believe that they should have more that 4 snow plows for this reason alone. Sorry, I just realized that turned into quite the rant!
Well, At least we only have a few months left!
No comments:
Post a Comment