Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Working...

Well, as promised, our root beer floats were a hit! The person who came up with that idea at the church was brilliant! We got some very generous gifts from the pantry shower as well. Our church is full of great people, whom we met as they left church on Sunday. There are so many names to remember, what a test of the memory!

Sunday evening brought some more fellowship opportunities. The staff and staff relations committee gathered for some yummy food and games. The Wykoff's grilled to perfection some delicious pork chops. They may have been the best pork chops that I have ever eaten! My mouth is salivating just thinking about them! We also relaxed and played ladder golf, horseshoes, and boche ball. It was so nice to be outside enjoying the weather and new friends.

Monday brought the start of a new job for me(Calie). The first day was overwhelming, as new jobs usually are. I am working at the childcare which operates in the same building as the church. I work in the Infant 2 room, which is the 10 month to 16 month old children. Man, I forgot how many runny noses, poops, and cleaning there is with 8 little kiddos! It has been about 6 years since I have worked in the childcare system, so it was...overwhelming. I am also the Lead Teacher in the room, which leads to a lot of paperwork, most of which has to be done (read remembered) monthly. Thankfully, I am getting the hang of things and I hope to be "in the groove" of things by next week.

No comments: