Monday, March 2, 2009

So I just realized that our blog has not been updated recently. So here is what has been happening.

Steve's parents and grandparents flew into Fargo the Thursday before baptism. Baptism was on February 15th. We had a nice visit with them; the pictures were in the last post. We did a lot of eating, since that is pretty much all there is to do up here. Oh yeah, we also hit up the mall. If any of you have ever been to Fargo, you understand that joke! If not, you will have to come and see for yourself.

We also received some sad news that my (Calie) Grandpa had passed away on Sunday. It seems ironic that he was called home the same day that his great grandson was welcomed into God's family. We are extra thankful that we were able to see Grandpa and have him meet Isaiah the weekend before he passed away. He was so excited to meet his new grandson, whom he knew from the very start would be boy! Here is a picture of the two of them. My last memory of my Grandpa.


Baptism went really well, Isaiah didn't even make a sound as Steve baptized him. After church we had a get-together with our families and friends who made the trip. The party was fantastic and Isaiah received a lot of wonderful gifts as well - thank you.

Since our impromptu trip to St. Peter for Grandpa's funeral the following weekend, we have just been getting back into the swing of things. Last week went so fast I am still wondering where it went.

I am currently trying to get over the stomach flu, that rocked me starting on Saturday. I am also trying to deal with the reality that I have to go back to work in less than a week. Steve is busy with vicarage duties--teaching numerous Bible studies, visiting sick and shut-ins, preaching, starting a '20/30 Somethings' group, and trying to squeeze in campus ministry when he is able. Though I am not looking forward to Isaiah starting childcare and going back to work, Steve is rather excited as Isaiah will be in the same building so he can sneak away for awhile to play.

We will try to keep you better posted as our kiddo is getting bigger and more grown up everyday (much to my disliking).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Calie,
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. I know you had a special relationship with him. I will keep you in my prayers.

Isaiah gets cuter everytime I see a photo of him! I am anxious to meet this little gentleman!

Love to you all,
Patti

Krystle said...

That is an absolute precious pic of Isaiah and your grandfather. It is very heartwarming. I'm very sorry to hear about your grandfather and will be keeping you all in our prayers. Hope you two are getting some rest! :)

Krystle