Thursday, April 30, 2009

Boo Boo

Last Tuesday I, Calie, was sitting in my chair feeding Isaiah when I saw the tree in front of our building shake and then I heard a smash. I jumped up to see my car smashed. I quickly called the police. It turns out that the girl who was driving did not have a drivers license. She apparently was trying to move her sisters SUV. Instead, she was in reverse, jumped the curb, slammed on the gas, and smashed into a tree. She claims that she did not know it was in reverse. But she didn't stop there. Instead, she floored it forward and smashed into my poor car. Here are the pictures of the damage. It ended up being $3403.00 worth of damage.



So I spent the remainder of the day on the phone with the insurance company and filling out paper work. Since then, I got a rental car and just today I got my car back. Unfortunately, they did not use Toyota parts, and the side mirror is goofy, so it may have to be fixed again.

Other than that, Steve spent the last three days at the MN North pastors convention. It was a nice time for him to experience what life will be like as a pastor. Or maybe the things that you have to endure as a pastor. Isaiah and I endured our time without him, but we are SO glad to have him back. Isaiah has not been sleeping very well, and I had been loaded up on caffeine to make it through the days until Steve's return. So today things are back to normal, and in fact Isaiah's teachers came to see him today and gave him an A+ for the day. They were very impressed with the progress of his speech and tummy time! He doesn't have any homework for next week, and they even said that he could be the poster boy for cooing and speech! I may be partial, but I think that he is an all star!

No comments: