Friday, November 9, 2007

Our New Addition to the Family!

So we now have a "family" site. I should apologize to anyone that received our email and thought our "big news" was something else! There is no bun in the oven, but glad we could fool a bunch of you in the meantime! One thing at a time, so this is the new addition for now. I was just telling Calie last night that I am not much of a blogger. I'm not sure what I should write about or share with people. I have some friends that are posting and blogging every night, sometimes a couple of times per day. Lot's of it is very humorous or insightful. Guess that's just not me, but this should help keep you all afloat on the never-dull lives of Calie and I.

Today was my last day of classes at the seminary until after Turkey Day. Mmmmm, turkey! Anyways, our fall quarter is over and I can't believe how quickly it finished. My last few days consisted of some final exams and preaching my first official sermon. Aside from a minor brain-fart amidst my sermon all appears to have gone really well. Actually, grade wise I've never done better. It's amazing how well things go when you put in effort and actually learn material and do the work/readings. Makes me regret all the fun I had in high school and college. OK, maybe not, but it's always a bummer when I think, "I know I learned this stuff in college. I should know this stuff."

Our time at the seminary here in St. Louis is flying bye. As Calie mentioned earlier, we'll find out in April where we will spend our year of vicarage (internship). Selfishly I'm hoping to wind up back in Jersey or the Twin Cities area. I can't wait to get back into the parish and actually doing the Lord's work. Seminary is a wonderful place to be, and I have a lot left to learn. But there is nothing better than actually being able to touch people's lives with the love and grace of Christ. The Bible uses a Greek phrase called: kalou ergou. It is basically translated as a "noble task." That's what gets me through the tests, homework, and finals weeks. Knowing that God has a noble task out there waiting for me. Whether it's simply preaching the Good News, leading a study of His Word, or ministering to someone in a real hard spot. This is what it's all about and I can't wait! That's all for now; not bad for a first post, I guess. Blessings...

No comments: