Monday, November 24, 2008

Don't Mess with Thanksgiving

So I was looking back at all of the pictures of me each month of pregnancy. What changes...here is month 8.



Steve and I have been quite busy these past few weeks. We somehow seem to get lost in the day-to-day routines, and get to catch up together on the weekends, which also go way too fast.

We have finally put together the baby's room, which means that I put away what clothes we have, and made the crib. My wonderful Mom sewed us a crib skirt and curtain valance out of fabric that we found. So this past weekend we found a curtain rod and long curtains to block out light. Here is what we have done so far.





The only problem that I have now is that the room looks very Green Bay Packerish, which is NOT what I was going for. If you know me at all, you will know that I am the anti-packer backer. How this happened is beyond me, but I am very distraught about this!

Aside from the baby, and the count down, we have been busy with church events. We finished up our big 50 Days Ablaze Bible study with an ethnic potluck which was very well attended. Steve preached at a different church on Sunday, which was fun to see another, more contemporary church.

I am gearing up to eat a feast this week, and I hope that you all are too! I am excited to go back to my parents house, see family, eat food, and relax.

I hope that you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving, and give thanks for all that is in your world. We owe it all to God, and Thanksgiving is a great time to remember all that He has done for us.

1 comment:

Brian & Erin said...

The room is looking good! I know you're totally NOT a Packers fan... Let me think on what little touches could change it up for you a bit! :) Glad to hear your feeling well. I hope your Thanksgiving is restful and full of family fun. Can't wait for you to meet your little bundle either!

-E