So I know that many of you have been checking and hoping for an update. Sorry it has taken us so long. Each time I think of blogging I think, maybe I'll wait and just update it when the baby comes...so far, obviously no baby. And so here is the update...
There has not been a real significant change/progress in the progression of labor. I just found out this morning during a non-stress test that I am having Braxton-Hicks contractions. No big thing though, I hardly know when they are happening. It only means that my body is getting ready for birth. So if we don't have the baby before December 30th, I will be induced. So we will (keep your fingers crossed) have a baby before the New Year!
I was thinking about this whole experience the other day, and realized that since it is the day of Jesus' birth, Mary and I have something in common. I know it may be a stretch, but being due around the same time, I was thinking how uncomfortable I am. That led me to think about Mary and how she must have felt. I have the luxury of riding in a car, wearing shoes, and not traveling on a donkey across a desert and mountains. I can only imagine that must have been what induced her labor. I am excited that tonight I get to reflect more on this thought and celebrate with all people the joy that I am feeling and the joy that Mary felt too.
I wish you all a Peaceful Christmas and time to enjoy your loved ones company. We will be thinking of you all during this joyous season.
Merry CHRISTmas!
With love from the Vera's
1 comment:
I'm sure everyone is giving you advice but, I'll give you mine anyway. Do LOTS of walking, and if you can find it (at a health food store) drink red raspberry leaf tea. Also, although it sounds wierd and you feel wierd doing it - do a lot of squatting. I went to 1 day shy of 2 weeks after my due date and they were going to induce at 2 weeks. I really didn't want that since I wanted everything to be natural. I swear it was this combo that got things going because I didn't really even have Braxton Hicks. Once labor started it was fast (I started noticing contractions at 9, by 2 we were at the hospital and just before 8 Jaden was born) this is FAST for a 1st time and even my doctor was surprised at how fast things progressed. Also, since the red raspberry leaf tea strengthens the uterus it supposedly helps things go more smoothly and less painful. I know for me labor was not really all that bad, some rough spots, but manageable. Some people recommend drinking this tea throughout pregnancy. My sister in law who has 6 kids says that the pregnancy she drank this tea during was her easiest delivery by far. Every person is different but, it's worth a try! You guys are in our prayers! Have a WONDERFUL Christmas Day!
Post a Comment