Friday, December 12, 2008

Ready or Not...

I can't believe how busy we have been... and we haven't even had the baby yet! Yikes! Our apartment has long looked like it was hit by a mini-tornado. Now with part of a day off, I am hoping to do some serious cleaning. These past few weeks since Thanksgiving have flown by; we have had something going on just about every weekday night and weekend since then. It seems like we are only in our apartment for sleeping and an occasional bathing! So as we have been running around, the boxes and garbage and dirty clothes have all been piling up. By the way, thank you to all of you who have sent gifts and cards to us for Baby Vera!!!

Advent is indeed a time of preparation. Calie and I are anxiously looking forward to the birth of two babies. The birth of our own, and of course the birth of the Christ Child who must never be overlooked at Christmas time. It certainly appears that these two babies may have pretty similar birthdates as Calie is perfectly on schedule to deliver pretty close to our December 25th due date. Unfortunately, the doctor certainly didn't seem think the baby would come any sooner. Hopefully they decorate those hospital rooms nice and cozy for Christmas time. Calie is still feeling very good—no sickness or anything like that! Her feet are a bit more tired at the end of the day but she's a trooper and rarely ever complains. She is definitely ready for this little bundle to leave her body, but she would be the first to tell you how lucky we've been thus far. But as you can imagine, we are sooooooooooo excited! We sat at our church's childcare Christmas program last night and couldn't help but become even more excited about our own incoming cutie as we watched all the kids singing their Christmas carols. Although this is being said BC (before children), but I'm even looking forward to getting up multiple times in the middle of the night to attend to a crying baby. I know, I know I’ll change my tune quickly in a few weeks! Oh yeah, and my sister sent me a "Father to Be" t-shirt a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty dang sweet. I think I have worn it more days than not. In fact, I am wearing it as I sit here blogging.

This upcoming Saturday afternoon our church is throwing us a baby shower. The congregation that has already warmly embraced and shown us so much love is now very excited to share in this baby experience with us. Our newborn will have plenty of honorary grandparents and I'm sure that, at least for once in our lives, we will never be at a lost for babysitters! So on Sunday after church, Calie and I hope to spend the rest of the day making sure we are ready for whenever Baby Vera arrives. We'll make sure our diapers and spit-rags are well stocked. Put the finishing touches on the baby's room decor. Finish installing the car seats. And probably head to good ol' Target for some last-minute essentials. I'm not so sure that we'll ever be really ready, but hopefully this weekend will give us a chance to feel a bit closer!

That's about all for now. Please keep Calie and Baby in your prayers, for safe and healthy delivery for both! And stay posted as we'll have news and pictures up as soon as possible. May this Advent season fill you with hope and joy as we celebrate the in-breaking of Christ and live in expectation of His return. Merry CHRISTmas!

No comments: