We started June out with a week of Vacation Bible School. Steve was on the drama team and taught a class with twelve 5 & 6th grade girls. He pretty much had his hands full and hairs grayed that week. I (Calie) was the snack leader and taught 8 kindergartners. I quickly realized how much I really miss teaching this age of kiddos. Isaiah had a great time visiting with all of the church members and getting passed from one to another. A trooper and smiler through it all, he will certainly be missed by our congregation more than Steve and I combined! One evening of VBS, he was taken on a "walk" with two ladies. He was returned to us a tattooed man.
And yes, it is a tattoo of a scarecrow/pumpkin head. I guess it was the only one they could find. But as Steve said, at least he did not come back with any piercings!
Right after VBS, we headed down to St. Peter to celebrate Father's Day and Mom's birthday on the farm. My sister and our two nieces were there. It was a fun filled couple of days. We got to jump in the bounce house, ride the 4 wheeler, and visit the cows. Check out the slide show below for pictures. Then on Sunday we headed to Hudson, WI to visit old friends from Trinity. Although we didn't get to see everyone, it was a great get together and a ton of fun. We really do miss living in Hudson and all the friends and family we made along the way.
Isaiah also had a big week of meeting new people. He met our friends Cory & Megan from Hawaii, crazy Sonja from our Hudson days, and his first play date Joshua. Joshua was born to friends of ours from the seminary a couple of months after Isaiah. So there is bound to be a few more play dates in the future.
We enjoyed going to the cabin a few times in June as well. We have become unofficial members of the Friedrich family. Either that, or we have just become those annoying house guests that will never leave. Regardless, that won't stop us from trying to get there as much as possible in our final weeks in Moorhead. Steve has realized how much he loves to fish. I am stilling waiting for some warm, sunny days to work on my tan and Isaiah just loves being outside, swinging in the hammock, and getting held by everyone and anyone! We are still hoping to have some days in July that will be warm enough to spend in the water and on the boat.
As long as you have read all of that, I will include his 6 month stats! We just got back from the doctor today; he had to have his six month shots. He weighs a whopping 17 pounds and is now in the 40th percentile (that's up from the 7th percentile just two months ago). He is 26 inches long in the 33 percentile. We thank God each day that He gave us such a cutie pie.
We are now staring at the last few weeks in MN. Then off again to a new adventure in St. Louis. I promise I will take more time off from packing to update the blog more often this month.
No comments:
Post a Comment