Well, this past week in the Vera household has been nothing but adventurous. It started out pretty normal. On Saturday, we spent the day at the mall. We purchased a number of new things for Isaiah at the Carter store. He outgrows his clothes way too fast. And then got something for us too: a new Sleep Number bed, which was much needed (no more neck and back pains when we wake up). We can't really afford it right now at all, but thank goodness for credit cards! On Sunday, we went to church and brunch with friends. Sunday evening just as we crawled into bed we heard Isaiah gag and then erupt in a crying fit. What we discovered behind the door was something that we were not ready for...our first flu bug as parents. Steve took care of Isaiah while I cleaned and febreezed the room. Steve gave Isaiah a bath (the first of many times that night), since his hair was...let's just say not clean. As Isaiah was getting dressed, he had another "spell". I'll spare you all the gross, chunky detials. We only got about 4 hours of sleep that night, and we cleaned up a lot!
Monday he seemed fine, but really tired. Thank goodness Steve is on break for two weeks. Tuesday night Isaiah started crying again in the middle of the night. He had thrown up again, and this time I had it too. I went back to work on Thursday, but I am home again today (Friday) because Isaiah is sick as well as Steve. The stomach flu has indeed done a number on our household this week.
I just got home from taking Isaiah to the doctor to find out that, not only is this intermittent flu common for young children, he also has an ear infection. Way to kick us while we're down! So with all of this sickness our house needs to be washed, disinfected, and full of sleep! Sounds like an exciting weekend ahead! Isaiah hasn't had a full night of sleep in about 5 days, which means neither have we.
Needless to say we have had enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment