Friday, August 5, 2011

Much needed break

We just returned from a wonderful vacation in the Wisconsin Dells with Calie's family. We learned what a fearless little girl we have! She was not afraid to crawl in deep water...to deep for my comfort. She would slip, get right back up and never miss a beat. Isaiah also had a great time playing in the water. He went down numerous water slides. When asked if he had fun the answer was always yes, but if asked if he wanted to do it again the answer was always no! It was fun to get away and enjoy some sun!













As I started this post 4 days ago, Isaiah was running around our house since going to bed at a normal time after vacation was not happening. Since then we have all been knocked down with the stomach flu. Steve and I woke up to Isaiah throwing up in our bed Friday morning, followed by a loud scream from him when he "messed" the bed and was covered from head to toe. Steve got it next followed by Brielle at 2 am on Sunday morning (Saturday night to me). So far I, Calie, have escaped the rath of this nasty bug. I just got the rath of the laundry, cracker giver, puked on, and cleaner upper of vomit. I'm not sure which is worse!

Isaiah seems to be growing like a weed. Three people in the last 2 days have made comments about how big he looks. I think it's tough to tell, but I also see him everyday.

Brielle celebrated her 9 month birthday on vacation. It is so hard to believe that she is 9 months old already! She is just as sweet as ever, and learning to do so much! She can walk behind a push toy and even stand for a few seconds by herself! She is now the proud owner of new big girl shoes! By that I mean the shoes have soles to help her walk instead of shoes that just look pretty. She likes to eat them, but I think they really do help her stand/walk.

No comments: