We have had a VERY blessed Christmas. We were and are lucky enough to have a family here who takes us in every Christmas Eve and lets us be a part of their family celebration. So after church we headed to celebrate!
The real excitement started as we got ready for church....The kids were all napping, Steve had gone to church already and I was getting myself ready. Slowly each child woke up. I fed Collin, but didn't want to get him dressed as I feared it would be full of spit up before we left. I told Isaiah to get ready, which has taken him up to 40 mins and me starting the car before he actually was dressed. Brielle woke up crying, which only means one thing....she woke up too early. So as I am supervising Isaiah getting dressed, I start to get Brielle ready. And then it starts. She doesn't want her socks off. I convince her it will be ok. Then I try to get her shirt off. It's a no go too. By now she is screaming and crying that she wants her Daddy. Yup, I want him too, but if we get ready, we can go to church to see him. OK. Let's get tights on.....NO! (with crocodile tears). So, now we are getting close to being late, so I just take the dress and stuff her in it. Quickly get Isaiah dressed, myself and Collin ready. I ask, on the off chance they will comply, to take a picture...this is what happened.
At least I got a good shot! (but we were a little late for church.....at least later than I wanted to be there)
It was a super late night, but it was worth the 10:30 bedtime!
We woke up Christmas morning and I am not sure who was more excited, me or the kids! We started opening presents around 7:30 and finished around 4:30pm! It was really fun watching the kids open a gift and want to play with each one before they would move on.
Our Tree
Isaiah's gift from Santa
Collin loves his new Lion toy
Brielle's "Princess Pillows"
Isaiah's Hot Wheels Garage
Playing together with Brielle's dollhouse from Santa
We really had a great Christmas and are truly blessed. We are looking forward to celebrating with Minnesota Grandma!
We hope your Christmas was just as great!
No comments:
Post a Comment