Thursday, September 5, 2013

Our last Thursday together

Today marked the last "Daddy Day Off Thursday" trip, since Isaiah will be going to school 5 days a week.  So today we took a trip to a local "farm".  The kids were so excited to go to a farm, it just broke my heart a little bit that they didn't ever get to experience what I had growing up.  I tell them stories but I am not sure how much actually sticks. 

Anyway, we walked in to find the chickens pecking their corn and the rooster making some noise.  We ventured into the chicken coop where the kids learned where eggs actually come from! 


Looking at the chickens


 
Then we moved onto the turkeys.  If you gobble really loud, they will gobble back.  It was really fun!

 
Brielle Gobbling at them.


 
Feeding the chickens


 
Trying to get more corn to feed the chickens

 
Just thought I would add these because I can't get enough of this face!


 
Next we fed the sheep.  Neither Isaiah or Brielle were that excited when it was time to actually feed them.  The thought was more exciting than doing it, but with Daddy's help, Brielle went first.

 
No, this wasn't a punishment. 

And after the first time, he couldn't get enough.  These are the goats that we also fed.


 
And he wanted to feed each one.

 
And finally the food ran out!
 
 
Then we stumbled upon the best attraction.  Well, at least for me it was!
 
Daisy May, the fiberglass cow.
 
 
 
They boys.  Brielle didn't want any part of this.


It took awhile for us to convince Isaiah to just give it a try.

And he loved it!

 
So did Collin.  I think we may have future farmers on our hands! 

 
The possible new owners of Seitview dairy.  Grandpa would be proud.

 
Brielle decided she would like to feed a goat, so we finally made it all the way to the back to feed the goats.  She wasn't so sure when we got there, but she did it!


And yes, I was actually there too!
 
 
The pedal tractors....I think that they were meant for kids.



They had watering cans for the kids to water their gardens.

And cool tractors to sit on!

 
Grandpa would be proud!
 

And this is what a 1 year old does while the big kids are watering the garden.

 
Another stop was the kitten house.  I wasn't sure how the kids would react, but I was so surprised that they just walked up to the kitten and pet it.  I wish I would have had audio or a video of Collin's reaction.  He just started talking away!

I think Collin was going to try to pick up the cat here.




She is the definition of a Daddy's Girl.




 


It was a great day at the farm.

No comments: