Monday, August 26, 2013

Just another day.....again.......

Well, you all seemed to enjoy the last rough, or normal as I like to call them, day so here is another good one for you all.

It started off so nice.  Steve got up with the big kids, so I slept until 7.  Collin slept until 8 something.  Beautiful!  The kids and I went out to water the plants, since it was the  "coolest" part of the day.  Collin joined us after his breakfast.  We were finished and I asked Brielle to get up and pick up her bike.  She replied, "no."  "Did you just poop your pants?"  Brielle, "no".  "Are you sure?"  Sure enough she pooped.  Since she still had jammies on, the poop was not contained in undies....it was rouge and could escape at any moment.  I sent her inside to wait for me. 

Meanwhile Isaiah has just discovered the joy of driving the jeep.  (a battery operated toy jeep that he can actually drive....YIKES) He almost hit Collin while we were getting cleaned up to go inside. Great.

So back, inside I take Brielle and clean her up.

Whew.

So last night a conversation sparked between Steve and myself about cleaning and our house.  (I had the same conversation with my Mom earlier in the day.)  Steve noticed while he was in the shower that the ledge above the shower was really dusty.  So he told me it was gross.  I replied with a guess it needs to be cleaned.  His reply....."yeah, guess you better get busy?".  Now friends, he says (and said) this all in good fun, but it made me think again how I need to clean more often.  So today was the day I was going to clean the house.  The kids even like to help! 

So I lay out the plan.  I tell the kids.  Ready, set, go!
I am gathering the cleaning supplies when Collin starts crying.  I go over to see what is going on and my nose sniffs something.....poop.  "Who pooped?"  Both Brielle and Collin had pooped.  Sigh.

Brielle goes to wait in the bathroom while I change Collin.  I hear to toilet lid clank up and ask Brielle if she has to poop more.  Yup.  Great.  I am in the middle of changing Collin.  She is still dirty.  Great.  I ask her to hold it and I will be right there.  I quick finish and run into the bathroom. 

Whew.

So now I start again.  The children are in the living room playing peacefully together, I am in the bathrooms scrubbing away.  I put the toilet bowl cleaner in the hall bathroom and walk back to my bathroom to put it away.  I return with the brush to find Collin up to his armpits in nasty blue toilet water complete with toilet bowl cleaner.  YUK!!!  I wipe him off and wash his arms with soap, which he thinks if totally fun and funny. 

I powered through the rest of the cleaning.  (only the 2 bathrooms were cleaned this morning)  Now it was lunch time.

You have to know something about my children......when they play quietly, it means that they have taken ALL of the toys and moved them to a new location.  Today it was the dining room corner.  I explained that lunch would not be served to them until the toys were all cleaned up.  They of course took their sweet old time.  Steve came home for lunch and I shared this story.  I looked at him and said, "I'm exhausted.".  The kicker is ONLY 2 rooms are cleaned!!!!!!

I know cleaning while you have small children is like shoveling while it's still snowing, but seriously 2 rooms!!!!

I sit and write this as they are all "resting".  But I really have to get up and keep on cleaning.  You see while my Mom was here this weekend she was kind enough to peel and cut up all of my tomatoes so I could cook them and freeze them.  So that's what I did on Saturday night before I went to bed.  I woke up on Sunday morning to find my whole freezer COVERED in tomato sauce.  UGH!  My Mom helped me clean up half of it, so I guess it's time I clean up the other half. 

I really just want to eat a piece of cheesecake and get a foot rub while watching some kind of smutty TV. 

No comments: