Monday, September 8, 2014

Oh Back to School

It's that time of the year again when the weather is beginning to cool off, apples are ripe, and school is back in session.  A few weeks ago I was waiting for this day to come, now it makes me a little sad.

We sent our biggest kiddo to Kindergarten this year......I know.....KINDERGARTEN!!!  We shopped for the right colored folders, crayons and nap mat.  The awesome backpack with a real propeller that spins.  We found new lunch supplies and practiced how to open it all.  We were ready.

Until that actual day when I was driving him to school, singing along to 'The First Day of School' by the Imagination Movers.  It got me.  I cried.  I cried walking to the school building and on my way into the school.  I somehow pulled myself together until the end of the day.  I cried, hard, when we picked him up.  I was just SO happy to see him, and it was only a half day!





I am happy to report that he LOVES school and the worst part of his day was coming home.  

Today, I had to drop off my little girl at her first day of school.  She, of course, was super ready and excited.  I actually thought that I was going to be just fine, but she just looked so grown up.  




She was only at school for an hour, but she had a very good time.  She was super excited to go back tomorrow, only to find out she has to wait another day.  
She is looking forward to having snack at school. 

The little man has asked when he gets to go to school.  I don't think that I would survive if I had to bring one more kiddo to school this week, so it's a good thing that he will be mine for this year!  

We are looking forward to a great year, which is off to a great start!


No comments: