Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Almost back to real life.....

Well, the Christmas season has come to a close, as we rang in the New Year. I don't know about you, but I am not ready to get back to "real" life just yet. We had a GREAT Christmas season. It just seems like the season goes faster and faster every year and this year was no different. We have included some of our pictures from the past few weeks during all of our celebrations.

Along with the new year, comes the promise of resolutions. I am finding that it is really kind of silly to have all of these "new plans" for a "new year". Every year we make these plans to change something, and I don't know about you, but I never stick to mine for any length of time. I am hoping that this year will be different, maybe I am just being optimistic.

Going back a ways to our fun Christmas vacation..... Luckily it wasn't reminiscent of the National Lampoons Christmas Vacation! We traveled to MN, to celebrate with the Seitzer family. Sunday my two sisters and their husbands and my nieces came to the farm to celebrate Christmas. It was a fantastic day! Unfortunately it ended early due to the horrific wind and blowing snow. A drive that normally takes them 1 1/2 hours, took 3. We had SO much fun playing with our nieces and chatting with our family.

We enjoyed Christmas Eve and Day with my parents, not doing much other than eating and playing with the new Wii that my parents got for Christmas. What a blast! Steve prayed for 6 inches of snow so he could go snowmobiling, and on Christmas Day we experienced the most picturesque snowfall ever! He didn't quite get his 6 inches, but it was enough to enjoy.
We were lucky enough to travel to the twin cities to have lunch with my sister and look at her wedding photos, which were gorgeous! Then we went to my other sister's house to visit and play again. I just can't get enough of those girls!!!

We hurried home to catch some snowmobiling time. Yes, I got back on the snowmobile not even a whole year after the accident. I do have to say that I was very apprehensive, which is new for me. I have always been fearless and up for a challenge. I have always tried to prove that I can play with the big boys! I realized on the snowmobiling trip, that I am OK if I don't. It was fun to get back out there.

After our fantastic trip to MN, we came back to MO. We came home to an overflowing tree full of gifts! Our family in NJ sent us wonderful gifts that we opened Friday morning. It was fun to "pretend" it was Christmas morning all over again! Santa wasn't so good to Steve, as he brought him lots of peas (which Steve hates).

Well, I have rambled enough.

I hope that your Christmas and New Year was a great time with family and friends. We are looking forward to all of the excitement that the new year will bring us!

No comments: