I know my last blog said that I would write again after our interview, but life happened and well the rest is history. Our lives have seemed extremely busy lately. Upon reflecting why, I have no idea! So I'll start with last week.
I had a traumatic Wednesday, when cooking supper I burned my pinkie finger. I have never felt pain like that before. It was red, swollen, blistered and throbbed. But on the upside, it got me out of doing the dishes for the night!
Late Friday afternoon we had our vicarage interview. The man who conducts the interview was a strange fellow. Somehow we got on the topic of floral arrangements, and he couldn't think of the name of the green foam that you use. So he googled it. Then asked us a few more questions. Then he called his sister at work...no answer. So then he tried her cell phone...no answer. He then went back to Google. Then he asked his assistant. Finally we got back to the rest of the interview, until right at the end he tried to Google it again. Finally I picked up my phone handed it to Steve and said call your Grandma, she'll know. Sure enough she did, and we finished our interview! Whew. Actually the interview went well. We discussed our hopes for our vicarage year and the kind of church and geographical area we would prefer. We are hopeful that God will lead us to a great experience. Oh, by the way, the green foam is called Oasis.
Later that night we attended a birthday party. Saturday night we attended another friends gathering. Sunday brought us one of the best days all year...a Giants win over the Cowboys. No one said they could do it, but we had faith! I think the best part of the game was watching Tony Romo get mad, their coach look like a jerk, and T.O. cried. Now we just have those pesky Packers to deal with. Actually if the Giants don't even show up we will be OK, because they knocked out the Cowboys. A win would be sweet though.
So the rest of our week was a blur of work, school, meetings, and fellowship. I think tomorrow we get to actually spend time together. What a novel idea!
I hope you all get to enjoy your weekends! Thanks for reading!
1 comment:
I was rather happy to see T.O. cry, too!! And did you hear the news today?? Tony Romo broke up with Jessica Simpson. hehehe Since I'm a good sport (usually), I'll congratulate you on your Giants beating my beloved Packers. It was a painful loss, so I write this with tears in my eyes. But...we so didn't deserve to win that game. Plus, I think it would be sweet, since the Packers don't have the chance to do it, if the Gians (a wild card team) beat the crud out of the Patriots.
Nice to be back in touch. I'll keep tabs on your blog to see what's happening down there. Can't wait to see where you go for vicarage. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll send you to Green Bay:) LOL
Post a Comment