Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Weather huh?

I haven't blogged for a while, so I thought that I would update you all on our happenings. New Years Day was cold and a few flakes fell. Wednesday welcomed me back to work with really cold temps, I'm talking about a wind chill in the teens (that is really cold here). Our apartment was nice and drafty, so we decided to put plastic on our windows before we bothered to heat our house and part of the outside. What great fun we had! It even raised the temp in here by two degrees. All was toasty inside, actually a little too toasty. By the weekend the temp was up in the 60's, by Monday it was 73!!!!! We watched the weather and it is supposed to drop again, so we didn't want to take the plastic off, so we had to turn on the central air! Go figure.

I guess I got a little ahead of life, so I'll back up. The weekend after Christmas, was a big event for Steve. He preached his first official sermon, as a seminary student, at our field work church. He did a great job! I only attended the Saturday night service, but I hear from many people at church that Sunday was even better! One person even commented that his children's message was what they have been waiting for! It was that good! Just as we all would have expected from him!

We had a fun New Years Eve celebration at our friends house. New Year's Day lead to the eventful plastic on the window, and relaxation. Then we went to Forest Park to test out Steve's new Frisbee's and ending up spending another day at the St. Louis zoo. It was a great day to be there; all the animals were nice and lively. We even got to see a few frisky penguins.

Now we are back into the full swing of things. Steve's back in school, and I'm back to work. This Friday we will have our vicarage interview. It is the first step in the placement process for our vicarage. I'll try to update more after the interview.

Until then...

No comments: