As many of you have heard, last night there was a fatal shooting at the Kirkwood City Hall. This building is only a few miles away from the International Center where I work. While all of this happened after I had left work, it is none the less shocking. Most people that I work with are residents in Kirkwood.
Kirkwood is the cutest small town among the growing metropolis of St. Louis. It has a cute "downtown" area and a historic train station. I have often thought that it just looks like the perfect place to live. The City Hall is in the center of the town and across the street from a few restaurants and apartments.
While I don't personally know anyone involved, a friend of mine came to work this morning to tell her story. Last night she wanted to grab some coffee at her favorite spot before choir. Thankfully she didn't feel well, so she stayed at home. She would have been there, across the street when the shooting started.
Tragedy such as this one gives us a perfect opportunity to remember that life is short, take advantage of it. It also helps us realize the importance of life and how you should live it. So tell someone you haven't told in awhile that you love them. You never know if they will hear it if you don't tell them now.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh. Obviously I haven't been a faithful blog reader because this is the first I'm reading about this shoot. Holy cow! Thank you for posting this news and know that even though I am delayed in my read...my heart and prayers are with those affected.
Post a Comment