Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Quit Your Wining!

Before I get into the blog two quick thoughts...

Today I am privileged to be wearing a certain hat that reads, "Super Bowl XLII Champions." It sure does have a NY Giant logo on it too! Yup, the victory is still sweet. Every fan dreams of being able to watch and enjoy a championship run for their favorite team at least once during their lifetime. Who'd have thunk that this would be the year of the Giants?!? I'm pretty sure that the sweetness of that victory will never leave. Especially with the locker room shirt and hat (thanks Mom and Dad!) to bring back the awesome memories of February 3, 2008. Not sure which player said it before the game but it was something like putting an end to the Patriot dynasty and starting one of our own. Back to back Super Bowls? Sure, why not? You heard it here first…

Second, I am procrastinating. Very much so! Our winter quarter at the seminary ended this past Friday but I still have one more reflection paper to write. It's about 98% done but the last few finishing touches are just not high on my priority list. At least I have another 4.5 hours to get it done today. As I sit here blogging, there is something like 63 days until Call Day. It can't come soon enough! Calie and I are so ready to get the heck out of here! But first I must continue to press on; the spring quarter may just be the busiest and most demanding one yet.

OK, thoughts over and now onto the main course. This past weekend Calie and I, along with our good friends (also Giants fans) Emil and Heather, went to Hermann, MO. It's a very small, old historic German town. Each year, right around Valentine's Day, they sponsor a "Chocolate Wine Tour.” If any of you have ever come out to visit us in St. Louis...chances are we took you out there! Anyways, there are seven separate wineries that partake in the weekend. You head to each winery to sample one of their selected wines with a chocolate dessert accompaniment. It was a weekend thing and so we spent a night in an area Bed & Breakfast. It was a great weekend to just getaway from seminary life and relax with some friends, food, and booze. The town of Hermann is beautiful and we had a great time. We had some tasty wine and chocolate and some not-so-tasty wine and chocolate. FYI: if you ever get the urge to make chocolate waffles or apparently chocolate pasta… resist the urge! But we did stock up on a few bottles of wine that should last us for awhile.

I'm sure that Calie will soon be posting some pictures of our past weekend. In addition to pictures from our upcoming trip to Ft. Myers! The weather there is a nice 84 degrees, a far cry from the 24 degrees in St. Louis. We sure will be spending the next week in Florida—sitting on the beach, stuffing our faces, and hopefully seeing some MN Twins spring training festivities! Grandma and Grandpa here we come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve & Calie,
Finally getting a few minutes with a computer, so I thought I would stop and drop you a note. Things are going pretty well out here, the normal things, Jeffrey is still in Karate, and Sarah in Brownies, and of course both are still doing VERY well in school. And I am working full time, and still trying to keep my family somewhat together, and maybe even a clean house once in a while. So, other than that, let us know when you find out where you are moving, we will keep our fingers crossed that we can get you out in the NJ area (yup, I am greedy) for at least a little while. Well, talk to you again soon.

jess & Family