Yes I am excited to blog about the Super Bowl this year. In years past, I have only really watched the Super Bowl for the commercials, and maybe the half time show, but this year was vastly different! I actually didn't care about the commercials, I wanted to see history made. No, I'm not talking about a 19-0 season, I am talking about the feel good story of the year.
The wild card winners that didn't stand a chance, yet each week played with nothing to lose. For those of you living in a hole, I'm talking about the NY Giants.
Our household has had some discussions lately about team loyalty. I can assure all of you out there that my number one love is for the Vikings, no matter how horrible they are. My second choice would be for the NY Giants no matter how good or bad they might be. Really, I just love football. I don't think that my husband shares the same loyalty and ability to spread to love around. He can respond in his own post if he chooses!
We watched this victorious game with the same friends that we have watched all the playoff games with. There are two other NY Giants fans on campus. We realized that we can gather a good looking buffet too! (I am sorry that I don't have pictures right now, I am supposed to be getting some from a friend)
Overall, I was happy to watch such a great down-to-the-wire game, but was disappointed with the commercials. I also think they should just get rid of the half time buisness....just takes too long, and the talent is never really that good. As Steve would say, I had a few issues with the super bowl this year.
Life around the Vera household is never dull, but we are blessed to have each other to tease and love.
Our household has had some discussions lately about team loyalty. I can assure all of you out there that my number one love is for the Vikings, no matter how horrible they are. My second choice would be for the NY Giants no matter how good or bad they might be. Really, I just love football. I don't think that my husband shares the same loyalty and ability to spread to love around. He can respond in his own post if he chooses!
We watched this victorious game with the same friends that we have watched all the playoff games with. There are two other NY Giants fans on campus. We realized that we can gather a good looking buffet too! (I am sorry that I don't have pictures right now, I am supposed to be getting some from a friend)
Overall, I was happy to watch such a great down-to-the-wire game, but was disappointed with the commercials. I also think they should just get rid of the half time buisness....just takes too long, and the talent is never really that good. As Steve would say, I had a few issues with the super bowl this year.
Life around the Vera household is never dull, but we are blessed to have each other to tease and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment