Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Comforts of home

Hey there all you blog readers. I have to apologize for the lack of blogging recently. Yesterday was Tuesday, and I swore it was Thursday. Needless to say, it has already been the longest week of my life.

Reality is starting to set in that we will be moving in about 2 months. We have looked forward to leaving St. Louis for so long, but now that it's almost here I find myself having mixed feelings. First I should clarify that I am more than excited to leave my job here, but with that brings the unknown which can be worrisome especially if you are like me and HATE change. I also am having a hard time realizing that when we move, I have to leave all of my possessions behind. (OK, so maybe you have figured it out that I also tend to over exaggerate?!) Our vicarage apartment is furnished, which is nice, but it hit me the other day that whenever you move, and where ever you go you always have the comfort of home and your own comfortable belongings. I will not quite have that next year and it has sent me into a mood.

We will be traveling to MN this weekend through next week. The main point of the trip is to visit with the outgoing vicar and the pastor at the church where we will be serving next year in Moorhead. Along the way we hope to see our apartment, which hopefully will relieve some of my anxiety, visit with family and friends, enjoy the delightful tastes of the Dome Dog while cheering on the Twins, and much more.

For now I will enjoy the comfort of my home. I hope that you do the same!

No comments: