All right, I am FINALLY getting around to writing about our MN Twins weekend in Kansas City!
It already seems like forever ago, but as promised here are the highlights...
Steve and I left on Friday afternoon so that we could make it in time to check in to the hotel before heading to the game. Our hotel was right across the street and was very nice! Unfortunately the weather was not as nice. We put on our Twins gear and started out towards the ball park. Half way there I think that I had wind burn on my face, and I was COLD! We made it just in time for the game from the nose bleed seats. The game was great as we huddled together. Then in about the 8th inning we heard someone yell, "hey, it's snowing!". Low and behold it was snowing tiny little flakes. Not something that two people without proper winter clothing or a blanket want to hear in April. I told Steve that if the game was not over by 10:00pm, I was breaking his rule of never leaving a sporting event early. We ran back to the hotel, and I believe that I had frostbite on my legs.
Soon after we got back to the hotel, our friends Luke and Megan arrived! We love that they drove all the way to catch some games and fun times together!
Saturday was another fantastic day (or just the opposite). We lounged around in a hot tub that later closed due to nastiness and paint chips in the water. We also took a trip to the brand new Bass Pro Shops. We quickly realized that we can't wait to get back to MN so that we can do some fishing. Steve even mentioned that he would like to try hunting. I say more power to him! Maybe I can convince him to shoot birds? We also took in the 2nd win for the Twins that night. We just came a little more prepared! It also snowed that night. (See the slide show for the picture).
We were determined to do some tailgating, since you really can't do that at the dome. So we packed up and headed for the game. We ended up parking next to some people we knew from the seminary, who actually ended up getting their final call in the same district as us. We sat through the cold to enjoy some tailgate grilling. We got into the game to watch Liriano make his first start of the year. (Which doesn't really matter anymore, since he is back in the minors again) This was the worst game out of the three that we saw, but we had awesome seats, and the sun came out!
We had to say our good buys and head our separate ways, but now we will be able to see every twins game on TV from Moorhead, MN!
Enjoy the slide show!
No comments:
Post a Comment