Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Spit-up, Baths & More...

I feel like the luckiest person in the world to have such a cute, sweet, just all around great baby. And the most kind, thoughtful, and loving husband. I would not have made it through the last few weeks without either of them. With that said, we have had some pretty thought provoking times...like how does a baby poop all over the arm of his Dad while getting a diaper change at 3:00am (Yes, he sure has some distance)! I have also never second guessed myself as much as I have in the past few days.

Isaiah has been spitting up ever since he was born; but lately it has become worse. We had increased his food intake, so then we backed it down. We tried what seemed to be everything, including raising him above our heads five times before burping him. (We know. It sounded crazy to us too, but a friend told us that it worked.) We consulted nurses and friends, but nothing seemed to work. Fortunately, Isaiah never seems to be too bothered by any of it, no apparent pain or discomfort. So early this morning we made an early trip to the doctor's office. And never a dull moment because he there peed all over, while getting his diaper changed. The little man turned into a geyser dousing himself, his clothes, and the doctor's table full of homemade fluids. Certainly made for some good laughs as he smiled and smirked his way through the whole thing. As it turns out, little Isaiah has reflux. So now we have some drops for him to take twice a day. Hopefully he will stop spitting up so much. That should cut down on some of the wet and dirty laundry. Not to mention a few less baths which he does not seem to care for at all.

Well as every spare moment that I have goes by way too quickly, this one has come to an end as well. The little man needs to be fed... and judging by the cries he needs to eat NOW!

Pictures will soon follow...

3 comments:

adelantegirl said...

Ah...the joys of newborns! :-) I think our worst was when Jaden peed on himself (and in his face) 3 times during one diaper change! We never had exploding poop though....You have us there! I'm glad to hear things are going well. Enjoy every second - before you know it they have changed so much!

Anonymous said...

Loved the update! Mom's have a knack for telling stories!

Anonymous said...

Hi Calie and Steve
I just heard from Patti about your precious little one... she thought that I was on her list to send me your great news. So I emailed her today to ask.
Congratulations on your precious little Isaiah.... Do you need another set of grandparents?... our one son isn't having children, just a grand-dog, and our youngest will be 35 this June, and is one of these who right now,is settling on being an uncle to his wife's sister's little one...Oh, well!
Congratulations, again. Many blessings of happiness and sleepful nights which it sounds like you are already being blessed.
Sharon Mailand