Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Every Week

Well, my goal was to update this blog every week...where does the time go? I can't even remember all of the things that have happened since my last post, so sorry for the repeats.

Since our last post I celebrated my birthday, and I have realized that after 30, I just want to forget that birthday's exist. So I will celebrate them, but I think that I am going to remain 30 forever. Actually it was a great day. It started too early in my opinion, but I got to spend some one-on-one time with Isaiah while Steve was at church. (yes, we skipped church. Steve had to be there for two services, which is too long for Isaiah to be quite) It made me SO happy to spend the one-on-one time with Isaiah, and it made me realize how much I miss it. As Sunday ended, I was dreading going back to work because it meant that I had to leave Isaiah all day again. I also had the opportunity to watch the Vikings win, and eat some fried chicken at a wonderful restaurant (Hodak's) who gives free birthday meals. All-in-all it was a great day.

On Saturday we went to the pumpkin patch which is the same place we go for our apples. We had fun picking out our pumpkins, even though Isaiah looks less than thrilled in the pictures. Steve bought me a mum for my birthday, since they last longer than flowers. Saturday night we went to an LWML banquet for 4th year students, while Isaiah was at the childcare they provided. After the banquet, Steve and I raced to pick up Isaiah. (Steve won, I had heals on) Little things like this just remind me how lucky I am that Steve loves being a Dad as much as he does. And how lucky Isaiah is to be loved so much that his parents fight over who gets to pick him up.

Later in the week Isaiah got pretty sick, with croup. He had a hard time sleeping since his cough would wake him up. The croup cough went away fast and left a rattle when he breaths. His upper four teeth have also been coming in quicker too. So needless to say we laid low over the weekend.

I think that something must be lacking in Isaiah's diet, because Sunday morning I found out that he likes to eat wood. The rails in his crib in particular. I was especially not happy since this crib turns into a full size bed, which will now forever have teeth marks in it. What a memory!

I hope that you enjoy the pictures of our week and half.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Calie and Steve,
I love that you let Isaiah 'eat' his food in whatever fashion suits him! He's such a happy baby which can usually be traced back to happy, relaxed parents! Love you guys!
Patti