Tuesday, November 17, 2009

November?

November already? I know it's hard to believe! I am thinking about turkey and pecan pie, while Steve is thinking about putting up Christmas decorations! I can understand his excitement, since Christmas last year was anti-climatic. It's always such a festive warm holiday. I guess I too am looking more and more forward to it than I thought!

The past couple of weeks have been busy, but great!
* Most impactful event - end of the first quarter for Steve. He now has two weeks to play with Isaiah and sleep in, as much as Isaiah will let him! That thought makes it especially hard to get up and go to work everyday! At least I will have some time off over Thanksgiving.

* Most fun event - Visitors! My Mom and little sister, Tressa, made the long journey here for a visit. It was SO much fun! I wish that they, and the rest of my family, could come every weekend! It was so nice to spend time shopping, eating, laughing, and hanging out with them. I know that Isaiah didn't mind the extra attention either.

* Most exciting news - We found out that we are going to have another niece. Tressa and her husband Drew, are expecting March 24th. We already knew about the due date, but we just found out the gender last week. Steve and I both guessed a boy, we were wrong. Isaiah is definitely out numbered! I already envision him learning all about how to properly have tea, or getting dressed up with the girls.

* Most developmental news - Isaiah is starting to stand on his own, without holding onto anything. It is fun to watch him wobble, try to balance, and become so proud of himself. He also is learning how to get balls out from underneath things...see the pictures!

It has been a full two weeks of IM games, fun, and sunshine. Steve is preaching at our field work church this weekend, and we are looking forward to Thanksgiving. We hope that you enjoy your Thanksgiving feast as well.



No comments: