Thursday, September 2, 2010

promises

I promised myself that I would update the blog more often, and it hasn't worked out so well for me. So here are the happenings of the Vera family in the past few weeks.

Steve has a couple of weeks and two sermons under his belt. He is connecting with the youth groups and planning for the year. He has also kept busy with shut in visits. He has also attended many meetings.

I, Calie, have been busy planning the paint colors for our new house, as well as decor. I have also kept busy trying to keep up with Isaiah, find new doctors, transfer records, and all of the fun that comes with moving! I have accomplished one of my goals, which was to finish Isaiah's scrapbook before September.

Isaiah has by far been the busiest out of all of us. His favorite things include running, jumping, talking and being cute. He is already saying three word sentences, and repeats everything that we say. He recently started singing and doing the actions to songs. He is so smart too. We were painting and he chose the blue paint and said blue. He constantly amazes me. He also likes to say cheese and then see the picture. Here are some of the pictures from our photo session tonight.


We also went to Sun Prairie's big festival, called Cornfest. There was a parade followed by a weekend of corn eating. Isaiah sat in his stroller for an hour and a half watching, waving and clapping for the floats. We enjoyed the sweet corn and bounce houses at the festival grounds. Here are some pictures.


The other big news we need to share is that tomorrow morning we will become first time home owners. I promise there will be pictures this weekend. We will need to paint the whole house and make other minor repairs, but other than that it is move in ready. We do not have a date that we will actually be living there, since we plan to paint, clean and take our time moving in. We will let everyone know our new address soon.

No comments: