Friday, July 13, 2012

Welcome to the world

We are so excited to announce the birth of Collin William Vera. He was born at 2:23pm today...Friday, July 13th, 2012. He was 8 lbs. 5 oz and 21 inches long.
His entrance to the world was a little fast paced. I had contractions since Thursday night at 8:00pm. We were told to stay home and wait until they got stronger. We all tried to get as much sleep as we could. By morning I was ready to go into the hospital to get some answers. We really didn't get many once we were there. It took several hours before we saw the doctor, who was in surgery. Finally, by the time we saw the Dr. I was dilated to 6 1/2. A HUGE shock to me!
The rest was a blur of contractions, people hooking me up to an IV, Epidural and taking blood. Once I was set the Dr. came in to break my water. A few mins after that the Dr and nurse came in to put in an internal heart monitor. I knew something was wrong, so I asked. Collin's heart rate had dropped. After listening for a few mins the Dr made the decision that the baby had to come out NOW. We had 2 choices, C-section or push with the help of the vacuum.
We opted for the pushing and it was scary...at least to me! He finally made his grand arrival with the cord wrapped around his neck. He was whisked to his nurse for cleaning and apgar tests, which he passed with flying colors. The Dr. stood and watched him for awhile and made some comments that he was stretching and almost wiggling off the table. I said he had to be a fighter with his siblings at home!
Enjoy the first pictures of our newest family member. I am already in love with him.










No comments: