Thursday, July 5, 2012

Update

I have been thinking about updating the blog more than a few times, and I always get distracted with something.... So here's the latest scoop:
Brielle has been growing like a weed. It has become more and more apparent lately how close in age her and Isaiah really are! Maybe close in abilities is a better way to say it!
Brielle is ready to do everything that Isaiah is doing from going to gymnastics to jumping in the pool to going down the big water slides by herself. Actually she wanted to go down a water slide that Isaiah wouldn't go down! The only thing slowing her down is her age and sometimes her language. She still isn't talking at the same level that Isaiah was at her age, but she understands EVERYTHING! Her new phrase is "do it"...meaning she wants to do it herself!
She is really the best little thing in my life. I am so lucky to have such an awesome daughter like her. Don't get me wrong she is still a major Daddy's girl, but I do cuddles and girl time with her!
Isaiah is a Mommy's boy, and I love it. Sometimes I wish he didn't always want me, but at the end of the day when he wants to cuddle he usually will choose me.

Isaiah has now completed his 2nd class of swimming lessons and has passed! I am so proud of all of the work that he has done. He learned how to put his face in the water and hold his breath under water. He gained confidence in jumping in, floating on his back, and kicking while using his arms. Pretty good for a kid who I had to push in 4 weeks ago!!!
He is also still in tumbling class where he is also doing better. He still is a bit of a weenie, but he's working on it!
Just recently we rearranged his room to make room for the crib. He chose where everything went and I was really proud of him! He is really excited to have the baby in his room and watch over the baby.
Steve is busy at church, but since youth programs don't really run in the summer it has been a nice change to have him around more often. What are we going to do this fall when it gets busy again?!?
I, Calie, have been trying to stay cool in this over 100 degree weather. Just waiting for baby #3 to make an appearance....no nothing yet....and I'm still feeling fine. I am very proud to say that my to do list before the baby comes is done. The only thing I am still working on is keeping the house clean, which feels impossible!


A few weeks ago we went to a big rig show where the kids could climb on firetrucks, police cars, and all sorts of diggers. Isaiah chose to sit in the stroller, but Brielle had fun!



No comments: