Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Just Think Spring

I don't know about you, but I am trying to just think spring.  While shoveling, for the second time this morning, the kids were playing around.  Brielle found the sidewalk chalk and started coloring.  It made me realize just how ready we all are for spring.  Well, maybe Isaiah isn't quite ready, since he loves playing in the snow, but we all are!

Sunday we had to say goodbye to Grandma, as she had to drive home.  We all have such a good time with her, it is hard after she leaves.  I get a lot of questions about where she went, so we needed a good distraction.  What is better than water?  Not much!

 



Collin loves to splash. 
 
Brielle has been pretty sick this week.  She has had a "tummy ache" since Sunday afternoon.  I thought this morning she was better, but not so much.
 
 
 
I just can't stop taking pictures of this face.
 

 
 
Have you ever wondered what it looks like when a plastic bag melts?  Well I have the answer.  It looks like this:

 
 
 
It's true, I kinda started a fire.  Apparently I didn't turn off the burner after lunch and I set a bag with pillow cases next to the stove, while I went to the bathroom.  When I came back there were small flames and a bit of melted bag.  The worst part is that I burnt a small part of our new counter top.  The good part is that I caught it before it was a major event.
 




As the snow still falls tonight, I will continue my thoughts of spring and hope for the best.  At this point I will just take a day of warm sunshine coming through my window. 




No comments: