Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring?

I have a message for Mother Nature, as does most of the country, enough snow!  Even the kids are yelling at the snow, "snow, snow go away come again another day!!!".  Even though it doesn't feel like spring, we are still celebrating this joyous Easter season.

We had our annual Easter Eggstravaganza last weekend.  We had breakfast, died some eggs, decorated cookies, made some crafts and had an egg hunt.  It was super fun day! 






Ready for the hunt

 
She shook each egg before putting it in her basket to make sure it had candy inside.  (some of the eggs had popped open and the candy was on the floor)



 
 
I should back up....
 
Since the last post, Steve celebrated his 32nd birthday.  When I asked what kind of cake he wanted, he replied, "let the kids choose".  Great....  Well they settled quickly on a purple, juggling cowboy cake.  Great...  So we made him a white cake with raspberry filling, purple frosting and I tried my best to get creative (in a very short amount of time) with the juggling cowboy.
 


 
 
The next day my little baby turned 8 months old!!!!  He can sit like a champ, move all over by rolling, scoots backwards, and is trying to crawl.  He rocks on all fours, but just doesn't quite get it all together.  He is also working on some teeth, but they just won't pop out.  He is always all smiles.
 
 
 
The kids received a "green" package from Grandma and Grandpa.  Marshmallows, licorice, Lucky Charms cereal, a neck tie that lights up, a headband, and these shamrock glasses.  What a treat!  

 
 
We have done our share of goofing around too.  It always seems like Steve turns into a jumping machine, couch, climbing toy, and wrestler whenever he walks through the door. 


 
 
 
 
As for me.....I just take the pictures.  And I have a reputation as the one who says "no" according to Isaiah.  While we were playing Old Maid, Isaiah so kindly found a card that looked like me.... I know what you are thinking...
 
Right?  Oh that would be too kind!
 
 
 

Here is my card.  Do I really look that bad?
 




We had some good laughs but maybe it's time to set aside a little "me" time to take care of myself!
 
We hope that you all have a blessed Holy Week and a very Happy Easter, remembering all if the things that Jesus did for you. 
 

No comments: