Sunday, April 7, 2013

He Has Risen!

 

Happy Easter!
 
 
We have had such an enjoyable Easter season this year!  We were blessed with a visit from my (Calie's) Mom for the whole weekend.  The kids ate up the Grandma time and I ate up Mom time.  It was also nice to be one - on -one with our children at times!  Steve and I were finally not out numbered! 
 
Grandma and I took the kids to their 2nd Easter egg hunt of the year.  They really got into the hunt!  It took place in our local greenhouse, which was perfect since it was windy and cold outside!
 



 
 
The eggs were all empty and "hidden" everywhere....actually the workers couldn't seem to keep up and ended up dumping most of the eggs on the floor in various locations.  The kids never seemed to catch on though.  At the end of the hunt, you turned your eggs in for a bag of sweets. 
 
A few days before Easter we discovered we had the Easter bunny living in our yard.  We enjoyed spending countless minutes watching the bunny and talking about bunnies. 
 
This picture was taken from our living room window. 
 
 
I just can't resist posting pictures of this guy!  I can never choose the "cutest"one either, so here are a few....
 




 
 
After naps, we realized that the Easter bunny had hidden eggs at our house.  In fact, they were hidden so well that 2 eggs couldn't be found.  Dad was sure he "read" the note about where they were hidden right, but obviously not!  One must have been hidden in the car wheel and the kids found the other one when we were outside playing.  (I discovered they found it when they tried to talk to me but their mouths were too full of jellybeans!)
 




Checking out the loot
 
So as you can see, we had a blessed Easter!
 
 



No comments: