We left on Wednesday after Steve got home from work and made the hour long drive to the park. We stopped at the ranger station, checked in, bought some wood, and off we went to find our camp site. Isaiah was beyond excited to say the least. I found it very weird to only worry about holding one hand through the parking lot!
We arrived at our camp site and began the process of unpacking and setting up. I have to admit I was a little nervous about setting up a tent that we received for our wedding almost 8 years ago, for the first time by myself! However, Isaiah helped a lot, and just when it got tricky to try to get 3 poles up at the same time, a nice man stopped by to help. I still think I could have gotten it by myself, but it was nice to have the help!!!
After the bed was made, we made some supper and ate it together. After always handling 3 kids and a husband, 1 kiddo was.....well a little too quiet at times! After dinner Isaiah was so excited, he washed all the dishes himself!
We made a campfire, smores, and enjoyed the rest of the night cuddling and talking. Oh we also tried glow in the dark bubbles, but it was a failure.
The next day we woke up had breakfast, had another fire, and popped popcorn before we headed out to go on a hike. Isaiah was so excited every time we saw big rocks he wanted to climb on them and then have his picture taken!
The beginning of our hike
The view from the first major clearing
The two of us
After many dark photos, I finally remembered that I have a "nature" setting on my camera....boy it works like a charm!!!
Just taking it all in
The view from the highest point we went
At this point we had been hiking for about an hour and a half. We both would have kept going, but I knew if we would have gone any further Isaiah wouldn't have made it back down.
I asked him to put his hands down at his side. He took me very literally!
After all the hiking, we went back to our campsite, had lunch (where Isaiah did all the dishes again!) and packed up. Then we headed to the beach for some fun in the sun. We swam, built a sandcastle, and hung out for another couple hours before we packed up. We made a quick supper and took another hike before heading home.
This time the hike was a flat hike along the lake. But don't worry there were plenty of rocks to climb!
He says, "Oh Mom, you should take my picture here."
I had such a fun time with this guy. I can't wait to take the whole family someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment