Since we found out that we were going to be parents, life has gotten busier. New doctor appointments, sleep, shopping trips to find clothes that fit, sleep, deciding on what to register for, and sleep. As you may have picked up, I have been a little on the tired side. I am assured that this will soon go away, but for now I live in a state of exhaustion.
I am lucky that I have not been sick other than a little queasiness every now and then. And sometimes a good thing, sometimes a bad thing, my sense of smell has increased. All the joys and many more of being pregnant.
I started to realize one morning as I was getting ready for work, that the sink in the bathroom needed to be cleaned. I promised myself that I would come home and clean it quick before heading onto the next activity. Well, I got home from work and realized that the couch and a snack sounded much better than cleaning the sink. So the next morning I made the same promise, with the same results. I realized that I can not keep doing the things that I have always done before.
This gave me a thought, Steve and I enjoy a clean house. Now that our lives are changing, can we still achieve this? I would like to think yes. Maybe we are being unrealistic, but I hope that we can still live our lives the way we like to, in a clean put-a-way house.
For now, Steve has really stepped up and helped pick up my slack. And hopefully soon I will have more energy to get back into the swing of things.
1 comment:
take a break and REST! It WILL get better after the first few months. Of course, I can't make any promises about AFTER the baby! I'm just starting to feel pre-pregnancy energy again! Of course, most of that is put into baby activities instead of cleaning though! ;-)
Post a Comment