Sunday, June 1, 2008

The news is true

Well, it is true there is going to be a new little Vera coming to our household. We found out Friday morning around 9:30 am that we were going to be parents! And here's the kicker, we really had no idea.

We had an ultrasound done and we got to see our baby waving it's arm at us, an occasional leg, and it's face. It was a busy little thing! For all of those who understand the stats that they throw at you when you are pregnant, here they are:

The baby is 10 weeks old, 3 centimeters, heart rate of about 160, and due to enter this world on December 25th. Yup, Christmas Day. That is why we have chosen the name Jesus (said Hay-Zeus) Navidad Vera.

Now I have to say that as a person who has never had a child before, I used to get quite annoyed with people who talk about how many weeks along they are, and I have to try to convert it into months, but now I am understanding why you have to do that. The baby grows so much each week, that it is impossible to simply keep track of months. Also those little ultrasound pictures, where you have to be trained to see something that resembles a baby. But oh yes, I have turned into one of those people who share the first pictures of our baby! Here it is!



The other question we have gotten from everyone is, "Are you excited?" the answer is simply how can you not be excited? So yes, of course we are excited!

1 comment:

Krysia said...

WOW! Totally fun and exciting news!!!! Welcome to the CLUB! (if you can call it that!) We're excited for you guys. Enjoy every minute. I have to tell you, people kept telling me that when I was pregnant and I found it difficult to believe but, it truly is amazing to see the pics of your baby in the womb and feel it moving (in a while). While I'm much happier to have Jaden in my arms than in my tummy, there really is nothing like that feeling of the baby moving. You THREE are in our prayers!!!