How do the days go by so fast and get so full??? It seems like this past week has been the longest week in history, but then I look back and wonder where has the time gone?
Last weekend I was in Shaumburg, IL, which is a suburb of Chicago, working at the first ever National Children's Ministry Conference. It was so fun to meet people that I have only heard about, written emails to, or talked to on the phone. It was also nice to see familiar faces such as my bosses, pastors, and other friends that I have met during the past 2 years. It was a great conference and an exhausting one too.
Sunday night brought me back to my sweetheart, and reality.... only two days left of work by myself, and three weeks before we move! After my slight panic attack, I realized that I still had time to pack an entire apartment, no problem. Remember when I asked the question how do the days mysteriously get so full and go so fast? Well, it happened. Monday came and went, Tuesday came and brought us a baseball game, Wednesday brought us an unexpected babysitting gig (although it was only for about an hour). Thursday I worked 10 hours and bowled on my league, Friday we got to hang out with some friends and I got to listen to one of my favorite bands (OAR) for free at an event called Live off the Levee. So as you may be able to gather, there has been little or no progress on my packing agenda. Even today we woke up early to gather with the seminary community at Planned Parenthood to pray for the people who were going inside. We got there and couldn't find our group, so after waiting for awhile, we decided to give up and come home. The day continues with Steve working, then baseball practice, then we have to cater for the rest of the evening. Tomorrow is looking a little better, but I am sure the same thing will happen, something will come up... not saying it's a bad thing.
I have also been lucky enough to train the woman who will be taking my job for the next year. I never realized how much it stinks to talk all day non-stop!!! Not even water could quench my thirst. I only have 5 more days left of work, but who's counting!
No comments:
Post a Comment