Thursday, July 31, 2008

Joys of Moving

There is a certain about of emotion that accompanies moving. Steve's emotion is happy to be getting out of St. Louis. Mine is happy to move back to the great state of MN. I am, however, sad that I had to put all of my prized belongings into storage yesterday. I also thought that it would be the greatest thing to be pregnant and not able to physically move boxes. That is until I realized the lack of control I had in the matter. I tried not to watch as my "prized"belongings were whisked away and thrown over our friends (who came voluntarily to help!) shoulders and crammed into small spaces. Yes a few things did get broken along the way, but I am trying to let it go, after all, it's just stuff. I am certainly more than grateful that we have friends in our lives that are willing to help carry our heavy treasures around. They will get us on the payback, as Steve is busy moving three of those friends today and tomorrow.

So now I am sitting in our mostly empty apartment with only an air mattress and the floor to sit on, soaking up my last few hours with cable TV and the Internet. I should be working on finishing up those last minute boxes, and cleaning this place, but I felt that blogging was so much more important. After all, this will be our last blog for while, until we can get settled and back up and running.

Thankfully the hard/sad part of this move is over, and now I am just excited to sleep in a bed that doesn't deflate.

No comments: