Now that we are over 15 weeks into the pregnancy, something like 170 days until our Christmas Day due date, Steve and I made the much anticipated trip to go and register.
We started our adventure at Babies-r-Us ... two hours later, we made it out alive. I have discovered that Babies-r-Us is the mega for pregnant people. Of course it makes sense, but I have never felt so comfortable in a store...surrounded by people who are all in the same boat as we are. It was fun to watch how many women came with their Mom's, or another woman to register. Then there were the couples. All of the men held the scanners, as the women told them what to scan. That is how our day played out. I shopped and compared, while Steve scanned. If you check out the registry, there may be random things on there...I apparently went to slow at times for his trigger finger!?!
It is amazing how little we actually knew, and how many choices there are out there for just one little human. So many items are also used for only such a short time, and the price! I never realized how expensive a crib could be!!! That lead us on a whole new search ... We already knew that we wanted to get a crib that changed into a toddler bed, then a full size bed. That was the easy part. We then tried to narrow it down to the color of wood that we wanted. We thought that we knew, but just couldn't find anything that we wanted. Our search then lead us to multiple websites and stores. Finally today, Sunday, we found "The One" at JC Penny's, and registered for it!
Our search on Saturday also brought us to Target, which was easier to handle, since we had just researched all of the products at Babies-r-Us.
Finally, we headed home to rest our tired feet before celebrating our completed task at the Olive Garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment