Yes indeed! Last night at 4:37 I woke up to loud noises. Our windows were shaking, which is not uncommon since they are neither new or good windows. The brass knocker on our door was knocking away and my bed was shaking. I believe my words were something like, "Geez!". After the windows stopped rattling and the door knocker was quite, I tried to go back to sleep, only to realize that our bed was still shaking. It felt the same as when Steve shakes his legs when he can't sleep. So I asked him, "why are you shaking your legs?" he replied "I'm not". So that's when my mind started going and I knew that we had just been through an earthquake.
This morning when I got out of the shower I was going to wake up Steve and tell him that I thought there was an earthquake last night, but I didn't think that he would believe me. (He does not get as excited about this stuff as I do!) He was already watching the news and confirmed what occupied my mind from 4:37am until a few minutes before my alarm went off. Isn't that just the way it goes too? You fall back asleep just before you have to get up!?
So here are the facts: The earthquake was located in Mount Carmel which is 131 miles East of St. Louis in Illinois. It is right on the boarder if IL and IN. It was rated 5.2 on the Richter scale. The shocks have been reported to have been felt in Louisville, KY, Chicago, IL, and Cincinnati, OH.
This is definitely the hot topic of the office today, and I wonder how many times I will have a conversation about this today? But I am excited to say that I have now officially been in an earthquake!
I would like to add to this post, that we just received an aftershock of the first earthquake at 10:28am. I still think that it is exciting to experience this, especially in two different locations. I do have to say that I prefer to be at home with Steve.
No comments:
Post a Comment