Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A New Hobby

I (Calie) have started a new hobby. I am taking a wives class through the Seminary to learn how to do ecclesiastical embroidery. This means that I am learning how to sew the stoles that Steve will be wearing as a pastor. If I get good enough, I would even like to sell them.

So every Tuesday night I meet with 14 other wives and a teacher, who is also a Sem. wife, to learn how to embroider. The first week we accomplished learning how to "couch" stitch. Here is the picture. While it's not perfect, it was a good learning tool.
I was the only one who actually finished the "homework". Our instructor was so impressed she showed off my creation and called it "amazing". I leaned over to my friend and said, "it's either amazing, or shows you how big of a loser I am" She told me to go with amazing, but I'm leaning towards the other one.



The second week we learned the Satin stitch. Here is the picture of this sample. (also not perfect)
Sorry it's so dark, I'll try to take a better picture soon.

I know that this week I am not the only one who finished, so I won't have to through the embarrassment again! Thank goodness!
So tonight is the third class and I am excited to start another pattern. I think that we are learning the long and short stitch tonight.
I will keep you updated on my progress!

No comments: